Use video to double your client engagement
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune,
must be in want of a wife”.
So declared Jane Austen as the opening words of Pride and Prejudice.
If Jane were a 21st century marketing ninja, might she have written,
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a website that is failing to engage with its audience, must be in want of a video”?
Video - central to client engagement
These days, video on a website is central to client engagement. Here’s why –
- Over 90% of Internet viewers viewed online video in the month of July 2016
- The average number of videos watched is now over 1,000 per annum
- In terms of click-rate, 1 minute of video is worth 1.8 million words, which is 3,600 typical web pages
- Video makes up 50% of all mobile online traffic and over 90% of internet traffic
- 60% of users watch video content before reading text on the same page
- 37% of people share videos on their mobiles and 63% watch videos on their mobiles
- 58% of online video watchers watch video on social media sites
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. The brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than text.
- Visitors continue navigating your site for, on average, an extra 2 minutes after viewing a video
- People share videos 12x times more often than text posts
- Buyers and sellers typically visit 5 websites before choosing which service or product to purchase. Add video to your website and this number decreases to less than 2
- Adding a video to an email marketing campaign increases revenue by an average of 40%
- Why the focus on video on a copywriting site?
Simply because almost every video needs text – either an engaging script to be narrated or some punchy bites of text to be displayed on the video.
I’ll make sure your video scripts are bright and engaging; they'll get your message across in a way that is both clear and memorable.
The result? Your clients will be inspired to pick up the phone and find out more!